UGC Net Exam 2021
UGC NET Exam 2021 : Application Form has been released on 2nd February 2021. Exam date has been announced. The exam will be held on 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 14th & 17th May 2021. UGC NET is a national level entrance test which will be organized by NTA. Through UGC NET exam, the eligibility will be determined for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) & Assistant Professor and for Assistant Professor only. Candidates who will successfully qualify the test will be considered for recruitment as Assistant Professor or JRF in Indian Universities and Colleges. The application process for June session exam starts in the month of March 2021 and in the month of September 2021 for December session exam. In this article we have provided complete details related to UGC NET 2021 application form, exam dates, eligibility criteria, exam
IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND DATES AT A GLANCE
(Please refer to Information Bulletin for details)
Dates, Fee Details and Application Procedure:
Online registration and submission of Application Form
(complete in all respect) through NTA Website: https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
02 February 2021 to 02 March 2021
Last date for successful transaction of Examination fee (through Credit Card/ Debit Card/Net Banking & Paytm Payment Modes( till 11:50 pm) 03 March 2021 (till 11:50 pm)
Fee Payable for UGC-NET
(Pay fee using the Payment Gateway(s) integrated to the Online Application through Net Banking Debit Card / Credit Card / UPI / Wallet) General/Unreserved Rs. 1000
Gen-EWS*/ OBC-NCL** Rs. 500
Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribes (ST) / Person with Disability (PwD) Rs. 250
Applicable service/processing charges & GST over and above the Examination Fee, are to be paid by the candidate to the concerned Bank/ Payment Gateway Integrator. For details, Annexure -I may be referred to.
Correction in the Particulars of Application Form online only 05 March – 09 March 2021
Downloading of Admit Card by the Candidate from NTA Website To be announced later on website
Dates of Examination 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14 and 17 May 2021
Duration of Examination 180 minutes (03 hours) No break between Paper 1 & Paper 2
Timing of Examination
First Shift: 09.00 am to 12.00 pm
Second Shift: 03.00 pm to 06.00 pm
Exam Centre, Date and Shift As indicated on the Admit Card Display of Recorded Responses and Provisional Answer
Keys on the Website for inviting challenge(s) from interested candidates. To be announced later on website
Declaration of Result on NTA website To be announced later on website Website www.nta.ac.in , https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in
*As per the OM No. 20013/01/2018-BC-II dated January 17, 2019 issued by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and the OM No. 12-4/2019-U1 dated 17.01.2019 as well as the Letters No 35-2/2019- T.S.I dated 21.01.2019, 01.02.2019, 04.02.2019 and 15.02.2019 of MHRD Department of Higher Education regarding implementation of reservation for Economically Weaker Sections (EWSs) for admission in Central Educational Institutions.
**OBC (Other Backward Classes)-NCL (Non Creamy Layer) as per the central list of Other Backward Classes available on National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC- Government of India website www.ncbc.nic.in).
The candidates falling in this list may mention OBC in the Category Column. State list OBC Candidates who are not in OBC-NCL (Central List) must choose General.
1. Candidate must read carefully the Instructions (including how to fill up Application Form online) given in the Information Bulletin available on the NTA Website. Candidates not complying with the Instructions shall be summarily disqualified.
2. Candidate can apply for December 2020 Cycle (May 2021) of UGC NET in “Online” mode only. The Application Form in any other mode will not be accepted.
3. Only one application is to be submitted by a candidate. More than one application i.e. multiple Application Forms submitted by a candidate will not be accepted.
4. Instructions for filling Online Application Form:
❖ Download Information Bulletin and Replica of Application Form. Read these carefully to ensure your eligibility.
❖ Follow the steps given below to Apply Online:
Step-1: Register for Online Registration using your own Email ID and Mobile No. and note down system generated Application Number.
Step-2: Complete the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application Number.
Step-3: Upload legible scanned images of: (i) a recent photograph (in jpg/ jpeg file, size 10Kb – 200Kb) either in colour or black & white with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against white background; (ii) candidate’s signature (file size: 4kb – 30kb);
Step-4: Pay fee using the Payment Gateway(s)/Payment Modes of concerned Banks/Paytm integrated to the Online Application and keep proof of fee paid.
❖ All the 4 Steps can be done together or at separate timings.
5. After (successful completion of Step-4, Confirmation Page of the Application Form, should be downloaded and a printout of the same may be retained for future reference. The Confirmation Page of the online Application Form could be generated only after successful payment by the Candidate. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of prescribed Fee, then the candidate should approach the concerned Bank/Payment Gateway Integrator (in the helpline number and email given in Annexure- I of the Information Bulletin), for ensuring the successful payment. Inspite of above, if successful transaction is not reflected on the Portal, the candidate may contact NTA Helpline. If the payment issue is still not resolved, the candidate may pay second time. However, any duplicate payment received from the candidate by NTA in course of said transactions will be refunded through the same payment mode through which the duplicate payment is received, after fee reconciliation by NTA.
6. Information such as his/ her name, contact details / address, category, PwD status, educational qualification details, date of birth, choice of exam cities, etc provided by the candidate in the online Application Form will be treated as final. Any request for change in such particulars after the closure of correction period will not be considered by NTA.
7. NTA does not edit/modify/alter any information entered by the candidate under any circumstances. Any request for change in information will not be entertained. Therefore, candidates are advised to exercise utmost caution for filling up correct details in the Application Form.
8. Candidates must ensure that their email address and mobile number to be registered in their online Application Form are their own, as relevant/ important information/ communication will be sent by NTA through e-mail on the registered e-mail address and/or through SMS on registered mobile number only. NTA shall not be responsible for any non-communication/ mis-communication with a candidate in the email address or mobile number given by him/ her other than his/ her own.
9. NTA disclaims any liability that may cause due to incorrect information provided by the candidate in his/her online Application Form.
10. Candidates are advised to visit the NTA Website and check their e-mails regularly for latest updates.
11. Candidates shall appear in the exam at their own cost at the Examination Center on the Date / Shift and time indicated on their respective Admit Cards which would be issued by the NTA in due course through its Website.