Bank Employees How to REVERSAL OF WRONGLY POSTED CASH / TRANSFER TRANSACTION
Hi Friends This is Basically useful For the Employees of The various banks. They can Follow the Given Steps for Rollback of Faulty Entries in Bank Statements.
As cashiers or Branch Staff sometimes may post in wrong amount or in wrong account or instead of payment they posted in receipt. this may often occur in a hurry. But later on we can reverse the transactions and make new correct entry. But this entry which you will do for reversal purpose are printing on PASSBOOK/ STATMENT etc. To Avoid such issues please go through the following lines.
Suppose a cheque given by customer for payment has entered in cash receipt instead of cash payment. Two scenarios may come.
1. If voucher is on ENTRY STATUS, u can easily delete it in TM(menu) or TD (menu).
2. But if the voucher is on POSTED STATUS, then deletion is not possible. as because on “posting” database is updating. so there is no option for modification deletion in such case, only way is to verify the wrongly posted transactions and ask for reversal voucher through TM menu. If we left here after making manual reversal both transactions are appearing on Passbook.
So, solution for not appearing wrong as well as reversed transactions in passbook is
1. Run “HCRT” menu.
2. Click on “MARK TRANSACTION”
3. ENTER ACCOUNT NUMBER
4. ENTER ORIGINAL ENTRY DETAILS (txn id and date of wrong entry)
5. ENTER REVERSAL ENTRY DETAILS (txn id and date reversed voucher)
6. Click GO
Now, a confirmation screen will appear.
7. Click SUBMIT.
After that a message ” TRANSACTION MARKED AS REVERSE SUCCESSFULLY”
After that no wrong entry or reversal entry will appear on passbook or statement.