Goa University Ph.D. 2016 – 2017 Details, Apply Online
Goa University Ph.D. 2016 – 2017 Details, Apply Online at unigoa.ac.in
Goa University Admission for Ph.D. 2016, 2017 details are given below by Ph.D. Cell of Goa University at unigoa.ac.in
Applications are invited for the award of research studentships from fulltime research scholars who are registered for the Ph.D. degree courses in the University Teaching Departments in various faculties and who are not recipients of any other scholarship/studentships etc. The application in the prescribed form which is available in the respective Departments / website should be submitted along with certified copies of the required certificates, duly recommended by the guide and the Head of the Department concerned, on or before 10th June 2016 to the Academic – PG Section.
Conditions for the award of Research Studentship PhD :
- Full time research scholar should have at least second class at the graduation level and obtained Master’s degree by papers securing a minimum of 55% or equivalent grade, and or by research from Goa University, or from any other University recognized by Goa University, and whose Ph.D. registration has been confirmed.
- A latest copy of the email letter of confirmation or continuation of registration certified by the guide that performance is satisfactory should be submitted.
- Students whose Ph.D. registration is likely to be confirmed by December 2016 can also apply and applications of such candidates have to be recommended by their respective guide.
- In case the six monthly reports are not satisfactory, research studentship is likely to be terminated.
- Full time research scholars holding any other scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- Declaration from the candidates that they are not employed should be submitted after the issue of sanction order.
- Applications will be screened by the University Research Committee and their decision will be final.
- The research scholar has to sign the muster roll which will be available in the respective Department, every day twice, in the morning and in the evening.
- Ordinarily the studentship will be tenable for a period of two years from the date of its award which is the minimum period prescribed to complete Ph.D. work and on the date of application he/she should not have put in more than eight terms. However, the studentship may be continued for the 3,d year on recommendation of the Committee to the Vice-Chancellor for approval subject to the following conditions: i) There is significant progress made by the student in the completion of Ph.D. research work.
- ii) The research scholar has published paper involving his/her work in journal with the impact factor.
- Candidates are required to apply for continuation of the fellowship during the second year which will be on the basis of recommendation of guiding teacher and the certification of the HOD regarding attendance of the candidate and research work done by him.
- Scholars selected for University research studentship will be entitled for 30 days leave in an academic year. Leave beyond 30 days will be without scholarship.
- Research scholar is required to return the fellowship amount paid to him/her to the University, in case the Ph.D. course of study is terminated without completion. Research scholar shall be required to submit undertaking that he/she shall complete the course, failing which the amount paid to him/her shall be refunded to the University.