IIT Madras HSEE 2021 Notification, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Application
Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination- HSSEE 2021
IIT Madras HSEE 2021 / HSEE 2021: Application Process(Started) / HSEE 2021 Application Form (Out) / Exam Date (Out) Eligibility Candidate fill Application Form, Exam Pattern, Selection Process HSEE 2021 will be conducted on June 13, and the online registration started on 1st February 2021 . HSEE is conducted by IIT Madras for admission to a five-year integrated M.A course. Class 12 from a recognized board is the major eligibility criterion for HSEE.
HSEE 2021 exam date has been announced, and it will be conducted on June 13, 2021. Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras conducts HSEE (Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination) for admission to a five-year integrated M.A course in two streams English Studies and Development Studies. The first two years of this five-year inter-graded course will be the same for both the two streams and the allocation of the stream will be based on the students’ preferences.
IIT Madras HSEE 2021 – Important Dates HSEE 2021
The important dates for HSEE 2021 can be checked here –
|Online Application and Payment of Examination Fee – Starts
Payment Option A:
Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card – Starts
Payment Option B:
Indian Bank Challan – Starts
|01 February 2021|
|Last Date for submission of online application||1) March 15, 20212) March 16, 2021|
|1) for payment made by Option A – Ends|
|2) for payment made by Option B (step -2 must have been completed by March 15, 2021) – Ends|
|Application Status can be Checked from the HSEE website by Candidates||March 31, 2021
April 30, 2021
|Admit Card can be Downloaded from the HSEE Website by Candidates||May 12, 2021
June 13, 2021
|Examination Date for HSEE-2021||June 13, 2021|
|Copy of candidate responses to be available on the HSEE – 2021 website||June 21, 2021 to
June 23, 2021,
|Declaration of Result on HSEE Website||June 28, 2021|
|Offer letter can be downloaded from the HSEE website by Successful Candidates – Starts||June 30, 2021|
PLEASE READ THE BELOW INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE YOU REGISTER
Read the instructions carefully before filling the application form. Your application must be complete in all respects. Incomplete application or application with incorrect information is liable for rejection.
1. Candidate can apply for HSEE – 2021 only by ‘ON-LINE’ through the official website of HSEE – 2021 (hsee.iitm.ac.in).
2. Examination Fee : Candidates must pay the examination fee as applicable through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card / Indian Bank e-challan. The e-challan will be generated during the process of application. The examination fee for SC, ST and PwD candidates is Rs.1200/-. The examination fee for All other Candidates is Rs. 2400/-. Additionally, service charges of the Bank will be Rs.40/-.
3. A candidate is allowed to submit only one Application Form. Any subsequent application(s) will be rejected.
4. Application Procedure:
New User Registration: The Candidate should register using Name, Date of Birth, Email Address [the Email Address is the Login ID]. Then create password, confirm the password and provide mobile number. After new user registration you may either click “go to login page” for application process or you may visit the website later on and click “proceed to apply online”.
Existing User: The candidate should Login using the registered email address as the Login Id and the created password.
The following three steps should be completed for the HSEE-2021 applications:
Step 1: Fill the Online Application Form :
The candidate should supply all the details while filling the Online Application Form and click the “continue” button.
The candidate should review their applications, If correction is required, click the “Edit” button. If no correction is required, click “I Agree” box, and then click “save and proceed” button.
After Completion of step-1 the particulars cannot be changed.
Step 2: Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature and Relevant Documents:
The scanned images of photograph, Signature and Relevant Documents should be in jpg/jpeg format only.
The size of the image file of the photo must be greater than 20 kb and less than 40 kb.
The dimensions of the photograph should be 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height).
The size of the image file of the signature must be greater than 10 kb and less than 30 kb.
The dimensions of the image of the signature should be 7 cm (width) x 2 cm (height).
The size of an image files of relevant documents must be greater than 100 kb and less than 500 kb.
Format of GEN-EWS-UNDERTAKING for GEN-EWS Candidates
Format of OBC-NCL-UNDERTAKING for OBC-NCL Candidates
Step 3: Pay the Examination Fee by Netbanking/Credi t/Debit card or e-challan of Indian Bank :
Payment by Net banking/Credit/Debit card: The candidate has to select Net banking/Credit/Debit Card option to pay the application fee and follow the online instructions to complete the payment of fee. After successful payment, the candidate will be able to print the acknowledgment page. In case the acknowledgment page is not generated after payment of fee, then the transaction will be cancelled and the amount will be refunded. However, the candidate has to make another transaction and make sure that the acknowledgment page is generated.
Payment by Indian Bank e-challan: The candidate must deposit the application fee through e-challan mode. Upon selecting the e-challan mode, an e-challan will be generated containing specific details of the candidate along with the amount to be paid. The candidate must print out the same and take it to the nearest branch of the Indian bank only for making the payment. After confirmation of the fee deposited from the Indian Bank, the candidate will be able to print the acknowledgment page after 48 hours by visiting the website using registered email address and password. In case the acknowledgment page is not generated, the candidate must contact the HSEE OFFICE to have the transaction details updated.
1. E-Challan can be generated between 8.00 Hrs and 20.00 Hrs only.
2. The e-challan is valid only for 10 days.
3. Last date for submission of payment through e-challan is 16th March, 2021.
4. In case no MUP Ref Number appears on the e-challan, Please try generating after some time between 8.00 Hrs and 20.00 Hrs.
5. All correspondence related to HSEE – 2021 should be addressed to the Chairman, HSEE – 2021, JEE Office, I.I.T. Madras, Chennai – 600036.
6. Candidates should check the HSEE website for the status of their applications from March 31, 2021 to April 30, 2021.
Note : Candidates applying for HSEE-2021 must have passed Class 10+2 or equivalent for the first time in 2020 or should be appearing in 2021.
Eligibility Criteria for IIT Madras HSEE 2021
- Class 12 pass from a recognized board. Candidates who are pursuing Class 12 can also apply.
- Candidates who passed or are pursuing a final year course of the Joint Services Wing of National Defence Academy can also apply.
- Class 12 NIOS students with a minimum of five subjects are also eligible for HSEE.
- International students who passed Class 12 from a recognized board can also apply for the IIT Madras HSEE entrance exam.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Class should be 60% marks for General and OBC categories, 55% for Reserved and PWD categories.
- The upper age limit is 25 years for General and OBC categories, and 30 years for reserved categories.
- Candidate can also have qualified High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
IIT Madras HSEE Application Process 2021
- The online application form needs to be filled for HSEE.
- Visit the official website of HSEE IIT Madras
- Complete the “Registration” on the official website
- After the registration process, login with login credentials
- Fill the application form with personal, educational/ academic and contact details
- Upload the scanned copies of signature, photograph and supporting documents
- Pay the application fee
- The application fee for female and reserved category candidates is Rs. 1,200
- The application fee for General and OBC category is Rs. 2,400
IIT Madras HSEE Selection Process
- IIT Madras will prepare a common rank list of all the candidates who score above 50% in HSEE.
- A separate rank list will be prepared for SC/ ST, PwD and OBC-NCL categories.
- OBC-NCL candidates must score at least 45% marks in HSEE to feature in the rank list.
- SC/ ST and PwD categories must score at least 25% marks in HSEE to feature in the rank list.
- General and OBC category students must score 50% marks in HSEE.
- The seat allocation is made on the basis of merit and availability of seats.
IIT Madras HSEE Exam Pattern
- HSEE Exam is divided into Part I and Part II.
- Part I exam will have multiple-choice questions, and the duration of the exam is 2 ½ hours.
- Part II consists of Essay Writing, and the duration is 30 minutes.
- The HSEE question paper will be in the English language.
- For better performance in Part I, students will have to focus more on the topics related to Environment and Ecology, World Affairs, Indian Society and Culture, Indian Economy, English Language and Comprehension and Analytical and Quantitative Ability.
Last Date for submission of online application & Payment made by Net banking/Credit/Debit Card – Ends by March 15, 2021.
Payment made by Indian Bank E-Challan (step-2 must have been completed by March 15, 2021) – Ends by March 16, 2021.