JEE Main 2021 (April) Session Exam Postponed Due to rising COVID-19 Cases in India
JEE Main 2021 Exam Postponed : Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main 2021 April session has been postponed due to the rising COVID-19 cases. The new dates for the entrance exam will be announced 15 days prior to the examination. The National Testing Agency, in an effort to support the student community is organizing the JEE (Main) – 2021 in four sessions. Two of these sessions have already been completed in February (Session 1: from 23 to 26 February 2021) and March (Session 2: from 16 to 18 March). The number of candidates appeared in Session 1 is 620978 and in Session 2 is 556248.
Update News : JEE (Main) -2021 April Session is scheduled for 27, 28, and 30 April 2021. However, looking at the present situation of the COVID-19 pandemic and also taking into account the safety and well-being of the candidates and examination functionaries, it has been decided to postpone the JEE (Main) – 2021 April Session. The revised dates for the JEE (Main) – 2021 April session will be announced later on and at least 15 days before the examination. Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ announced the decision on Twitter saying: “Given the current COVID-19 situation, I have advised NTA to postpone the JEE (Main) – 2021 April Session.
Download Notice : Postponement of the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) – 2021 for the April Session.
About JEE(Main) 2021
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), which is now known as the Ministry of Education, Government of India (GOI), has established National Testing Agency (NTA) as an independent, autonomous and self-sustained premier testing organization under Society Registration Act 1860 for conducting efficient, transparent and international standards tests in order to assess the competency of candidates for admissions to premier higher education institutions.
The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (now known as Ministry of Education), Government of India has entrusted the responsibility of conducting Joint Entrance Examination JEE (Main) to the NTA from 2019 onwards.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) comprises of two papers. The Paper1 is conducted for admission to Undergraduate Engineering Programs (B.E/B. Tech) at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs), Institutions/Universities funded/recognized by participating State Governments, as well as an eligibility test for JEE (Advanced), which is conducted for admission to IITs.
The JEE (Main) is being conducted in multiple Sessions (February/March/April/May 2021) for admissions in the next academic session. The candidates will thus benefit in the following ways:
- This will give multiple opportunities to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they fail to give their best in the first attempt without wasting their whole academic year.
- In first attempt, the students will get a first-hand experience of taking an examination and will know their mistakes which they can improve while attempting for the next time.
- This will reduce the chances of dropping a year and droppers would not have to waste a full year.
- If anyone missed the examination due to reasons beyond control, then he/she will not have to wait for one full year.
- The student’s best of the 2021 NTA Scores will be considered for preparation of Merit List/ Ranking.