Maharashtra National Law University Nagpur Recruitment 2021
MAHARASHTRA NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY, NAGPUR
Moraj Design and Decorators (DnD) Building, Adjacent to Mihan Flyover, Near OIL Depot,
Khapri, Wardha Road, Nagpur 44 11 08 [Maharashtra]
MNLU Nagpur Recruitment 2021: MNLU Nagpur (Maharashtra National Law University) announces new Recruitment to Fulfill the Vacancies For the posts Law Professor, Associate Law Professor, Assistant Law Professor. Eligible candidates are directed to submit their application online through www.nlunagpur.ac.in this Website. Total 13 Vacant Posts have been announced by MNLU Nagpur (Maharashtra National Law University) Recruitment Board, Nagpur in the advertisement February 2021. Last date to submit application is 30th March 2021.
Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur invites applications for the following On-lien / Contractual / Regular Positions:
Those applicants who have applied earlier need to apply afresh. Preference would be given to the candidates having experience at National Law Universities. Duly filled-in applications must reach the University on or before March 30, 2021 (Tuesday) till 4:00 p.m. For further details, i.e., minimum qualifications, experience and application form please visit University website www.nlunagpur.ac.in
Position: Professor of Law (On-lien / Contractual / Regular) In the pay scale of as per 7th CPC (Academic Level 14 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.1,44,200/-) with other admissible allowances.
Position : Associate Professor of Law (Contractual / Regular) In the pay scale of as per 7th CPC (Academic Level 13A with rationalized entry pay of Rs.1,31,400/-) with other admissible allowances
Position: Assistant Professor of Law (Contractual / Regular) In the pay scale of as per 7th CPC (Academic Level 10 with rationalized entry pay of Rs.57,700/-) with other admissible allowances
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF FILLED-IN APPLICATION: March 30, 2021 (TUESDAY)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
PROFESSOR OF LAW
Eligibility (A or B)
A. i) An eminent scholar having a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline,
and published work of high quality actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with, a minimum of 10 research publications in the peer-reviewed or UGC-listed journals and a total research score of 120 as per the criteria given an Appendix II, Table 2 as per UGC Regulations of Minimum Qualifications for appointment of Teachers and other Academic Staff in Universities and Colleges and measures for the Maintenance of standards in Higher Education, 2018 notified July 18, 2018.
ii) A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in university/college as Assistant
Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, and / or research experience at equivalent level at the University/National Level Institutions with evidence of having successfully guided doctoral candidate.
B. An outstanding professional, having a Ph.D. Degree in the relevant/allied/ applied disciplines, from any academic institutions (not included in A above,) / industry, who has
made significant contribution to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, supported by documentary evidence provided he/she has ten years’ experience.
ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF LAW
I. A good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline.
II. A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale, wherever the grading system is followed).
III. A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and / or research in an academic /
research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or
Accredited Research Institution / industry with a minimum of Seven Publications in the
Peer-reviewed or UGC-listed Journals and a total research score of Seventy-Five (75) as
per the criteria given in Appendix II, Table 2.
Mode of Appointment: The appointment shall be made initially for a period of One Year extendable up to Three years.
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF LAW
Eligibility (A or B):
A. i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever
the grading system is followed) in a concerned/relevant/allied subject from an Indian
University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall
be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinance/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor o equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions subject to the fulfilment of the following conditions: –
a) The Ph.D. Degree of the candidates has been awarded in a regular mode;
b) The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
c) An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted
d) The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
e) The candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in
conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC / ICSSR / CSIR or any
1. Applicants must apply on prescribed format available on website (http://www.nlunagpur.ac.in). Applications received in any other format other than the
prescribed form will be rejected. Filled in Application form with attested copies of all
relevant documents should be sent to the Assistant Registrar (Administration), Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur, Moraj Design and Decorators (DnD)
Building, Adjacent to Mihan Flyover, Near OIL Depot, Khapri, Wardha Road, Nagpur 44
11 08 [Maharashtra]. Please download the form and fill it carefully and correctly. An
application with incomplete documentation or incorrect information is liable to be
2. The envelope should be super-scribed as “Application for the post of <–name of the post
3. E-mail addresses of the candidates (if any) must be mentioned in the proper place of the Application Form
4. The Applicants are required to send an advance scanned copy of Filled-in Application to email@example.com
5. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview. The University reserves the right to place reasonable limit on the total number of candidates to be called for interview. Fulfilment of essential qualifications per se does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Those who are possessing higher qualifications and exposure to National Law University system shall be given preference in short-listing the candidates.
6. Stringent criteria including Written Test / Demo Lecture may be applied for short-listing he candidates to be called for interview.
7. The University reserves the right to relax any requirements of experience and age for
exceptional candidates, especially for those holding a similar position in a reputed
educational / research Institution and having a good track record.
8. The University reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post at any time without
assigning any reason. The right is also reserved with the University either to fill or not to
fill any position and its decision in this regard shall be final.
9. The University reserves the right to modify / cancel / withdraw any communication made to the candidates(s), even after appointment, if this has been the result of some inadvertent mistake either in the advertisement or the recruitment process which may have been detected at a different stage.
10. The University reserves the right to disqualify any candidate who may have been shortlisted based on wrong information provided by the candidate. Persons who may be selected / appointed based on wrong information supplied by the candidate may be terminated at any stage.
11. The University reserves the right to disqualify any candidate who attempts to lobby or canvass to influence the selection process.
12. Candidates who are currently employed must submit a ‘No objection certificate’ from their current employer along with their application, without which their application will not be considered further.
13. The applicants from reserved categories must submit an attested copy of the relevant
certificates signed by the appropriate authority along with their application form.
14. The University will not be responsible for either any non-receipt of application sent by a candidate or any delay in receiving the application sent by a candidate, on any account.
15. The hard copy of the application form duly filled in the prescribed form must reach the Office of the Assistant Registrar (Administration) on or before the last date at the undermentioned address. Applications received after last date shall not be included in the selection process.
16. Applicants serving in Government / Semi-Government organizations / Public Sector
Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies must send their applications Through Proper
Channel. The applications received without the recommendations of the employer (s) will
not be considered. However, an advance copy of application may be sent followed by the
original application through proper channel.
17. Candidates shall have to produce original documents at the time of appearing in Interview.
18. Incomplete applications or without relevant supporting enclosures (self-attested copies of degree / certificates / marks sheets / experience certificate, etc.) will be rejected at the threshold.
19. Application fee must be paid through Demand Draft drawn from a Nationalized Bank in favour of “Registrar, MNLU, Nagpur” payable at Nagpur. The Demand Draft must be
enclosed with the application form. A candidate is requested to write his / her name,
advertisement number and the serial number of the post behind the Demand Draft. For
safety, it is advisable to send applications by either Registered Post or a reliable Courier
20. The decision of the University authorities during the different stages of the selection
process will be final and binding.
21. Selected candidates will be governed by the Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur Service and Financial Regulations.
22. In case of any dispute / suit or legal proceeding against the University, the jurisdiction shall be restricted to the Courts in Nagpur, which is the Headquarters of the University.
Address to send the hard copy of the Filled-in Application
Assistant Registrar (Administration),
Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
Moraj Design and Decorators (DnD) Building,
Adjacent to Mihan Flyover, Near OIL Depot,
Khapri, Wardha Road, Nagpur 44 11 08
Application Form : Download