RTMNU Revised BSc Microbiology Sem 4 Syllabus 2021
RTMNU BSc Microbiology Revised Sem 4 Syllabus 2020-21 | Nagpur University B.Sc Microbiology Syllabus Part 2 | RTMNU Second Year B.Sc. Microbiology Syllabus
Nagpur University New Syllabus 2021 is available for Downloading. The latest RTMNU Revised Bsc Microbiology Sem 4 Syllabus 2021 is published by Nagpur University. The students looking for this syllabus can Download the PDF Syllabus from given respective Links. We keep adding More details about this Syllabus on this page. We given below the Details updated new syllabus. Students of RTMNU are requested to go though the detail syllabus. You can also download the PDF of syllabus from given link. For More updates keep visiting us.
RTM Nagpur University Revised B.Sc Microbiology Sem 4 Syllabus 2021 -RTM Nagpur University B.Sc Microbiology Fourth Semester New Revised Syllabus is given below for Downloading. The students can Download the respective Syllabus from following given details. Just go through the given links & read the given syllabus carefully. Nagpur University Second Year New Semester Online Detail syllabus given below.
Syllabus B.Sc. Part- II Microbiology
PAPER I METABOLISM
1. General strategy of metabolism,
2. EMP pathway and its regulation,
3. TCA cycle and its regulation,
4.Outline of ED pathway,
5. Pentose Phosphate pathway,
6. PK pathway
Unit-II Lipid and Nucleic Acid
1. Betaoxidation and Omegaoxidation,
2. Replication of DNA, modes of replication, general features, enzymes involved, rolling circle and knife and
3. Prokaryotic transcription including general features, enzymes involved and reverse transcription
Unit- III Amino acids and Proteins
1. Amino acid breakdown, deamination, (alanine, tyrosine, methionine),
2. Metabolic breakdown of individual amino acids (alanine, arginine, methionine and tryptophan)
3. Glucogenic and ketogenic amino acids
4. Genetic code and
5. Prokaryotic translation
Unit-IV Energy Generation
1. High energy molecules,
2. Substrate level phosphorylation,
3. Cyclic and noncyclic photophosphorylation,
4. Oxidative phosphorylation and ATP generation
PAPER II ENVIRONMENTAL MICROBIOLOGY
Unit-I Fresh Water microbiology
1. Fresh water – Definition, Examples of fresh water i.e. ice sheets, ice caps, glaciers, icebergs, bogs, ponds, lakes, rivers, streams, and underground water and their outline.
2. Potable water – Definition, Water treatment using SSF and RSF, Methods of chlorination, Water Quality Standards (BIS and WHO).
3. Microbiological Quality Testing – Significance of bacteriological analysis of water, collection and handling of water samples, indicators of excretal pollution, bacteriological analysis of water for coliforms and faecal streptococci (MTFT, MFT), differences between fecal and non fecal organisms
Unit-II Waste Water Treatment
1. Sewage types, composition, physical, chemical and biological characteristics, BOD, COD, ThOD
2. Primary Treatment,
3. Secondary Treatment – Trickling filter, Activated sludge, RBC, Sludge digester, Oxidation pond, Septic tank, and Imhoff tank
4. Tertiary Treatment,
5. Disposal of treated wastewater.
Unit- III Air and Agricultural microbiology
1. Air Microbiology – Significance of Microbial analysis of air, settling plate and Anderson technique.
2. Agricultural Microbiology – Symbiotic nitrogen fixing bacteria, mechanism of nitrogenase enzyme, formation
of root nodules, non-symbiotic nitrogen fixing bacteria, bacteria and fungi as biopesticides, Phosphate solubilizing microorganisms, mycorrhiza
Unit-IV Bioremediation and Biomagnifications
1. Bioremediation- Role of plant and microbes
2. Bioaugmentation – Definition, significance with example
3. Xenobiotics and recalcitrant compounds – Definition, environmental significance and examples
4. Microbial leaching – Concept, advantages and bioleaching of copper
5. Bioaccumulation and Biomagnification – Definition, environmental significance and examples
RTMNU Revised BSc Microbiology Sem 4 Syllabus 2021
- General guidelines for safety in microbiology laboratory, possible
laboratory hazards, safety precautions and disposal of laboratory
waste and ethics in microbiology.
- Isolation of Salmonella from water and sewage
- Determination of MPN of drinking water (Major)
- IMViC Test
- Determination of DO (Major)
- Determination of Alkalinity
- Determination of total solids, water soluble and water insoluble solids in waste water
- Determination of BOD and COD of waste water (Demonstration)
- Determination of Available Chlorine in Bleaching Powder/Sodium hypochlorite (Major)
- Isolation of Rhizobium from root nodules (Major)
- Isolation of Phosphate solubilizing microorganisms from soil
- Monitoring of indoor microbial count
Books Recommended For RTMNU Revised BSc Microbiology Sem 4 Syllabus 2021
1. Principles of Biochemistry- G. Zubay, W.W. Parson, D.E.Vance. Wm.C.Brown Publishers
2. Fundamentals of Biochemistry. D. Voetand J. Voet Publisher Wiley plus Edition 5th.
3. Lehninger- Principles of Biochemistry- David Nelson, Michael Cox. 4 edition W.H. Freeman & Company[Low price edition- for sale in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Nepal & Bhutan]
4. Principles & techniques of Biochemistry &Mol biology 6th ed, Keith Wilson & John Walker, Cambridge University press, 2006
5. Laboratory manual in Biochemistry- J. Jayaraman
6. Ajay Singh, Owen P. Ward, 2004 edition, Applied Bioremediation and Phytoremediation (Soil Biology). Springer;
7. David S. Ingram, N.F. Robertson (1999). Plant Disease.1st Edn.: Collins
8. George Nicholas Agrios (2005).Plant Pathology.5th Edn. Academic Press Inc.
9. James M. Jay, Martin J. Loessner, David A. Golden (2005). Modern food microbiology, 7th Edn. Springer Science & Business.
10. John Postgate, (1998). Nitrogen Fixation. Cambridge University Press
11. K. S. Bilgrami, H. C. Dube (1984). A textbook of modern plant pathology. 7th Edn.
12. Martin Alexander (1999). Biodegradation and Bioremediation. Academic Press
13. Matthew Dickinson, (2003). Molecular Plant Pathology. Garland Publishing Inc.
14. N. S. SubbaRao. (1995). Soil Microorganisms and Plant growth. 3rd Edn. Science Pub Inc
15. R. Barry King, John K. Sheldon, Gilbert M. Long, 1997 Practical Environmental
16. Bioremediation: The Field Guide, 2nd Edn. CRC Press
17. Air Quality Standards- NAAQS Manual , Volume I 4. Prescott’s Microbiology, 8th Edition; Joanne M. Willey, Linda M. Sherwood, Christopher J.Woolverton,2011, McGraw Hill International Edition
18. Fundamentals of Microbiology, 9 th Edition , Frobisher, Hinsdill, Crabtree, Goodheart, 1974, Saunders College Publishing
19. Introduction to Environmental Microbiology – Barbara Kolwzan , Waldemar Adamiak (E Book)
20. Soil Microbiology-4th Edition, N.S Subba Rao,2000, Oxford and IBH Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd