RTMNU Revised BSc Microbiology Sem 3 Syllabus 2021
RTMNU BSc Microbiology Revised Sem 3 Syllabus 2020-21 | Nagpur University B.Sc Microbiology Syllabus Part 2 | RTMNU First Year B.Sc. Microbiology Syllabus
Nagpur University New Syllabus 2021 is available for Downloading. The latest RTMNU Revised Bsc Microbiology Sem 3 Syllabus 2021 is published by Nagpur University. The students looking for this syllabus can Download the PDF Syllabus from given respective Links. We keep adding More details about this Syllabus on this page. We given below the Details updated new syllabus. Students of RTMNU are requested to go though the detail syllabus. You can also download the PDF of syllabus from given link. For More updates keep visiting us.
RTM Nagpur University Revised B.Sc Microbiology Sem 3 Syllabus 2021 -RTM Nagpur University B.Sc Microbiology Third Semester New Revised Syllabus is given below for Downloading. The students can Download the respective Syllabus from following given details. Just go through the given links & read the given syllabus carefully. Nagpur University Second Year New Semester Online Detail syllabus given below.
Syllabus B.Sc. Part- II Microbiology
PAPER I CHEMISTRY OF ORGANIC CONSTITUENTS AND ENZYMOLOGY
Unit-I Carbohydrates and Lipids
1. Classification of carbohydrates,
2. Structure of glucose, fructose, maltose, lactose, sucrose, raffinose, starch, hyaluronic acid, glycogen, cellulose, osazone formation
3. Classification of lipids, structure of triglyceride, compound lipids, derived lipids
Unit-II Amino acids and proteins
1. Classification of amino acids,
2. Titration curve, acidic, basic and neutral amino acids,
3. Peptide bond theory,
4. Organizational levels of proteins,
5. Concept of oligomeric protein
Unit- III Enzymology
1. Definitions and nature of enzymes, classification, nomenclature,
2. Primary concept of enzyme kinetics, MM equation, modifications of MM equations,
3. Activation energy, transition state, ES complex, enzyme activity, katal, specific activity ,turnover number
4. Enzyme inhibition and their types,
5. Enzyme regulation, their types,
6. Allosteric sites, allosteric modulaters,
7. Functional diversity such as holoenzyme, apoenzyme, coenzyme, cofactor, prosthetic group, isoenzymes,
8. Membrane bound enzymes, multienzyme complex, zymogens
Unit-IV Nucleic acid and Vitamins
1. Structure of purines, pyrimidines, nucleosides, nucleotides,
2. Structure of DNA, RNA, and various forms of DNA
3. Types of vitamins, Classification on the basis of solubility, functions of vitamins,
4. Hypervitaminosis – Definition, causes, symptoms, treatment of Vit. A and D
5. Hypovitaminosis – Definition, causes, symptoms, treatment of Vit. B12, A and D
PAPER II INDUSTRIAL MICROBIOLOGY
Unit-I Fundamentals of industrial microbiology and Fermentor design
1. Definition, History and scope of industrial microbiology,
2. Design of typical fermentor, parts of fermentor,
3. Types of fermentors,
4. Types of fermentation processes
5. Isolation of industrially important micro organismsPrimary screening and secondary screening
Unit-II Upstream processing in fermentation process
1. Strain development,
2. Inoculum development,
3. Scale up of fermentor process
4. Raw materials used for media preparation,
5. Sterilization of fermentors, production media and air
6. Factors affecting fermentation process such as agitation, aeration, pH, dissolved oxygen and rheological properties
Unit- III Downstream processing in fermentation process and Quality Control
1. Outline of downstream process
2. Harvesting of biomass- methods and principles
3. Product recovery and purification- methods and principles
4. Concept of Good Manufacturing Practices
5. Microbiological quality checking as per pharmaceutical compendium such as IP and USP
Unit-IV Entrepreneurial microbiology
Production, biochemistry, recovery and uses of
1. Single Cell Protein – Spirulina
2. Bakers yeast,
4. Penicillin, semi synthetic penicillin,
5. Citric acid
6. Beer and Wine
RTMNU BSc Microbiology Revised Sem 3 Syllabus 2020-21
- General guidelines for safety in microbiology laboratory, possible laboratory hazards, safety precautions and disposal of laboratory waste and ethics in microbiology.
- Calibration of pH meter, validation of autoclave, Validation of Laminar air Flow unit
- Qualitative detection of carbohydrates, protein, nucleic acid and lipids
- Detection of enzymes: amylase, catalase, gelatinase, lipase, oxidase
- Isolation of amylase producer from soil
- Sugar and alcohol tolerance of Saccharomyces cerevisiae (Major)
- Production and estimation of alcohol (Major)
- Leavening capacity of yeast (Major)
- Detection of penicillinase activity (Major)
- Chemical estimation of penicillin
- Determination of sugar quantity in any natural source of carbohydrate
- Determination of protein quantity (Major).
- Bioassay of penicillin
- Sterility testing of pharmaceutical products
- Microbiological quality of non sterile pharma products as per IP (Major)
- Growth promotion test (Major)
Books Recommended For RTMNU Revised B.Sc Microbiology Sem 3 Syllabus 2021
1. Lehninger. Principles of Biochemistry. 4th Edition. D. Nelson and M. Cox. W.H. Freeman and Company. New York 2005
2. Microbiology an Introduction. 6th Edition. Tortora, Funke and Case. Adisson Wesley Longman Inc. 1998.
3. Prescott, Hurley. Klein-Microbiology, 5th & 6th edition, International edition 2002 & 2006, McGraw Hill.
4. Garrett, R. H. and Grisham, C. M. (2004) Biochemistry. 3rd Ed. Brooks/Cole, Publishing Company, California.
5. Conn Eric, Stumpf Paul K., Bruuening George, Doi Roy H., (1987) Outlines of Biochemistry 5th Ed , John Wiley and Sons, New Delhi.
6. H. Patel. (1985), Industrial Microbiology, Macmillan India Ltd.
7. Butterworths Heinemann. Bioreactor Design and Product Yield (1992), BIOTOL series,
8. Casida, L. E., (1984), Industrial Microbiology, Wiley Easterbs, New Delhi
9. Indian Pharmacopia and British Pharmacopia (Latest Edn).
10. Lydersen B., N. a. D’ Elia and K. M. Nelson (Eds.) (1993) Bioprocess Engineering: Syatems, Equipment and Facilities, John Wiley and Sons Inc.
11. Operational Modes of Bioreactors, (1992) BIOTOL series, Butterworths Heinemann.
12. Peter F. Stanbury. Principles Of Fermentation Technology, 2E, Elsevier (A Division of Reed Elsevier India Pvt. Limited), 2009
13. Prescott, S.C. and Dunn, C. G., (1983) Industrial Microbiology, Reed G. AVI tech books.
14. Reed G. Ed. Prescott and Dunn’s Industrial Microbiology. 4th Ed., CBS Pub. New Delhi.
15. Stanbury, P. F. and Whittaker, A. (1984) Principles of Fermentation technology, Pergamon press.
16. Van Damme E. J. (1984) Biotechnology of Industrial Antibiotics, Marcel Dekker Inc. New York.
17. Wiseman A.(1985) Topics in Enzyme and Fermentation – Biotechnology, Vol. 1 and 2, John Wiley and Sons, New York