Calcutta University 2021 Important Dates
Candidates must go through following table regarding Calcutta University 2021 Important Dates:
Calcutta University 2021 Important Dates: Calcutta University will start the University of Calcutta 2021 admission in streams such as: arts, commerce, and science in the last week of May. The admission window is likely to remain open through the whole month of June. The university will offer admission to both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Candidates will need to start Calcutta University admission 2021 process online by visiting the university’s official admission portal: caluniv.ac.in. But before they get started on Calcutta University application form, it is important they check whether or not they fulfill the eligibility criteria for the course of their choice. Read this article to learn what else you need to know about the University of Calcutta admission 2021 in advance so you are well-informed and there aren’t any pesky disruptions and last-minute delays when it is actually time to apply.
|Application form process||Month of June 2021|
|Merit list||June- July 2021|
|Admission starts||2nd week of June 2021|
|Last date for admission||1st week of July 2021|
|Commencement of class||1st week of July 2021|
|Last date to change subject||2nd week of August 2021|
|Application form starts||Month of May 2021|
|Submission of application form||1st week of July 2021|
|Fee payment||3rd week of June 2021|
|Last date for submission of fee||1st week of July 2021|
|Admit Card availability||2nd week of July 2021|
|PG Exam date||3rd week of July 2021|
|Result declaration||4th week of July 2021|
|Admission procedure commences||1st week of August 2021|
Calcutta University 2021 Application Form
Candidates must check following points regarding Calcutta University 2021 Application Form:
- Calcutta university 2021 application form will be made available via online mode.
- Candidates will be able to fill the application form in the month of May 2021.
- The last date to submit the application form will be till July 2021.
- While filling application form, candidates must fill all the asked & required details such as name, date of birth, mail ID, qualification details & all asked details.
- All important information will be send to candidate’s registered mail ID & phone number.
- Incomplete or incorrect application form will lead to rejection so candidates must fill the application form completely & carefully.
- During registration, candidates must also select course as per their preference of order to apply.
- No change in course selection will be allowed after second week of August 2021.
- At last, candidates must also take printout of filled in application form for further use.
- Candidates will be able to submit the application fee through online mode.
- The mode of payment includes credit card, debit card or net banking.
- The application fee will be as described in the following table:
|General category||SC/ ST category|
|UG course||Rs. 100/-||Rs. 50/-|
|PG course||Rs. 200/-||Rs. 100/-|
|MBA||Rs. 1000/-||Only for West Bengal candidates –Rs. 500/-|
Calcutta University 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through following eligibility norms before applying for Calcutta University 2021:
For UG courses:
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify 12th level examination from any recognized board or university.
- Percentage: He/ She must score minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST category) for qualifying exam to be eligible.
- Scores: WBJEE scores will be considered for UG course.
For PG courses:
- Qualification: Candidates must qualify Graduation or equivalent examination from any recognized board or university.
- Percentage: Candidates must score minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST category) to be eligible for examination.
Calcutta University 2021 Exam Pattern
For admission into UG course, there will be no entrance test. So, candidates will be selected on the basis of qualifying exam. For B.Tech admission, WBJEE score will be considered. Below we are providing details regarding Calcutta University 2021 Exam Pattern for PG:
Admissions Open 2021
- Exam Mode: PG exam will be organized via online (computer-based) mode.
- Time: Candidates will get 1 hour duration to solve the question paper.
- No. of Questions: There will be total 50 questions in the question paper.
- Marking Scheme: Each right answer will consist of 1 marks.
- Negative marking: 0.5 marks will get deduct for each incorrect answer.
Calcutta University 2021 Admission Procedure
Calcutta University 2021 Admission Procedure will include application process commencement, test, result declaration & counseling process. In case of UG admission, there will be no entrance examination.
Candidates seeking admission into PG level course will be on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam at Calcutta University. For admission into B.Tech course, candidates will have to apply through WBJEE scores.
Calcutta University 2021 Entrance Exam
The University of Calcutta will organize its entrance exam for admission into PG level courses. However, there will be no entrance exam for admission into UG level course. Entrance test for different courses will be conducted on different dates. It will be organized on the basis of merit list.
Candidates seeking admission into UG level course such as B.A, B.Com, B.Sc., programs will be on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying exam. For PG level courses such as M.A, M.Com, & other courses will be on the basis of marks secured in the entrance exam.
Calcutta University 2021 Merit List/ Result
Calcutta University 2021 Merit List will be published via online mode in last week of July 2021. To check result or merit list, candidates will have to use their login credentials such as user ID & password. Admission will be offered on the basis of merit list.
Candidates will also have to carry their original & mandatory documents as admission will be offer only after verification of documents. Therefore, admission will be cancelled if they fail to verify documents.